5 Tips to help you Launch your App
Loyalty programs can help you stimulate repeat business, attract and retain new customers, and boost your sales. But it is important to get your customers to adopt your program. Make sure you kick-start things right. Here are 5 tips from Mass Mobile’s most successful merchants that will help get your new loyalty program off to a strong start:
1. Sell your staff on the idea first.
Get your staff excited about your loyalty program, and they’ll talk it up frequently with customers.
2. Get the word out early.
Let your customers know via existing marketing methods, like facebook and twitter….Use professional point of purchase signage. Your existing customers are already in your store making purchases, why would they not want to join your loyalty program.
3. Offer a juicy first-time signup special.
Trying anything new can be daunting, so your first offer should be an extra-enticing one. Customers should feel it’s a no-brainer to clear the hurdle of signing up or learning, just to earn that juicy starter reward. Once they see how easy and fun it is to use, you’ll hook them for good.
4. Demo it live!
Seeing is believing. Offering a tablet version of the app would help customers see how easy and fun it is to use.. Once customers see your program is simple to use, it’s a snap to keep using it.
5. Promote, promote, promote.
There are plenty of ways to spread the word about your new loyalty program. Different customers pay attention to different channels, so make sure you’re trying to reach them every way you can. This is not something you are not already doing, include the app store logos in any marketing material you use going forward. Remember adoption is the key. Here are a few venues to remember:
- Display signage about your program at the counter, or tables, or where customers pick up their orders.
- Prompt your staff to ask customers if they are already a member with each transaction, and make sure they can explain the program benefits clearly. (Better yet, incentivize your staff to make this happen.)
- Add an app store, and google play logo button to your website, Facebook, and Twitter pages – and talk up your program on social media often.
.A smart customer loyalty program can move the needle for your business – but a strong launch is key to unlocking the full benefits. If you’re a Mass Mobile member (or curious about becoming one), don’t hesitate to contact us for more pointers on getting started right.